Awahono School Mini Olympics

At our school we held a mini Olympics. On the day we had activities and games that everyone competed in a tried to win a medal. For third place they got a bronze medal. For second place we got a silver medal and for first place they got a gold medal. The games were gumboot throwing, tug of war, blindfolded bat house, egg survival course, dino hop and ring shooting. Each game / activity had a leader. I was the leader of gum boot throwing. What I enjoyed most about the day was watching people throw gumboots as far as they could. I found it funny that someone almost hit me with a gumboot! At the closing ceremony all the leaders had to choose 3 people overall to give a excellence award, friendship award and respect award. I gave Kieran (Room 1) the excellence award, Bella (Room 2) the friendship award and Mia (Room 6) the respect award. I chose these people because they were cheering people on, not mucking about and trying their best. On the day lots of people received medals - well done to those who did! Below is a picture of my classroom (Room 6) with their medals...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science electrical inventions project

Techniques for Music