Room Six Shanty Town Visit

Yesterday we went to Shantytown for the day. We got dressed up in olden day clothes and some of the teachers and parents even did too! The girls had to wear a dress, a pinafore and a bonnet. The boys wore pants, a long sleeved tee-shirt and a hat that they had to tip to us. I was quite funny seeing everyone dressed up in olden day clothes that we would not were toady. 
We had to behave like people did in 1800's and said "Yes Mam" every time the teacher asked or said something. Those teachers were Miss Mears and Miss Barba. 
The most fun thing to me was when we had to take photos of us dressed up in costumes doing a job that they had to do back then. On my groups sheet of paper, we had entertainment and hospitality. I dressed up as a Kan Kan Girl, Katie was playing the piano, Nicole was a waiter and Mia was a bar tender. 

It was also quite fun when we had make a pack that was water proof and easy to carry. My team for that challenge was Damon, Jacob, Nicole and I. At the end, once we had done everything we could to it, Miss Barba shook it and nothing come out! Because if you shook it and something came out, you had to start again! That was a relief! We won the challenge in the end, and our pack looked like a dead body.

 Another thing I also liked gold panning and that we got to take it home! I thought it was hard at first but once I got the hang of it I was fine. 

The train ride to the gold panning area was also fun too but I wished that we went on the steam train because I think that would have been more fun. 

Overall Shantytown was a great experience because we all had fun and we got to do something different. 

Comments

  1. Hi Hayley,
    I really like the look of your presentation and how you organised everything into different categories. Also the detail in your recount was awesome.

    Kind regards Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hayley
    I like your recount about Shantytown it was full of detail and had a lot about what was fun and what you did. I also like how put the picture below the recount. Over all Hayley it was a good and interesting recount.
    Kind Regards
    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Science electrical inventions project

Techniques for Music